Asbestos regulations can often be complex and difficult to interpret. Asbestos removal without independent specialist advice can have many pitfalls, from an uncontrolled risk of asbestos exposure by building occupants to non-qualified claims for additional work by the contractor. We can, if required, provide Schedules of Work, Specifications and Tender Documents to ensure control throughout the removal or remediation project. By providing constant on-site management and supervision, we can manage an asbestos remedial project from the first identification stages through to final completion and relieve the employer of this legislative burden by ensuring that the client’s legal obligations are fully addressed and that the remedial works are completed with minimal disturbance to other building users. Environmental & Site Safety Solutions Limited (ESSS) project managers will ensure the safe and cost effective completion of asbestos removal projects, within a time scale which suits your requirements. The final project file prepared for our client will include financial, legal and health & safety records of the works.
ESSS will produce a clearly defined Specification for any necessary remedial works. The Specification will detail all aspects of the work, including special site considerations, in order that a licensed contractor can provide a realistic and accurate quotation for the work.
We can assess the suitability of licensed asbestos removal companies for inclusion on the tender list. Pre-qualifications pertinent for tendering include:
- Possession of an HSE Licence: The contractor must have a valid HSE Licence to work with specified asbestos materials as stipulated within the Asbestos (Licensing) Regulations.
- Training System: All operatives and supervisors employed by asbestos removal contractors must undergo both initial and regular refresher training in accordance with a legislated syllabus. Training and medical examination certificates need to be made available for inspection throughout the project.
- Health & Safety System: Contractors should be able to provide written evidence to support their knowledge of all the processes involved in working with asbestos materials, not only those directly related to asbestos.
Tendering and Procurement
ESSS can assist in the tendering process by:
- Issuing invitations to tender along with specifications for remedial works and arranging site visits
- Reviewing and appraising submitted tenders and method statements
- Providing a post-tender cost appraisal report allowing the client to make a fully informed decision