With the Control of Asbestos Regulations requiring adequate asbestos awareness and/or management training for all those who might come into contact with asbestos and/or with a duty to manage it, the temptation to outsource such training is becoming stronger. Often, though, the problem with outsourcing is that “off the shelf” training packages are frequently inadequate and can fail to address the specific issues of concern to the client.
Environmental & Site Safety Solutions Limited training is flexible and is customised to suit individual needs. Asbestos Awareness and Management courses can be designed for delivery to tradesmen through to building managers, surveyors and architects and each course will address the general and local issues important to the target audience.
Certificate of Achievement
At the end of all our Asbestos Awareness and Management courses a short, multiple-choice question (MCQ) style test is set to ensure that course participants have understood the information presented to them.
Those passing the test receive a Certificate of Achievement.
Please note that whilst we are quite willing to issue a Certificate of Course Attendance to anyone failing the MCQ test, possession of such a Certificate will not fulfil your requirements with regard to training as defined by the HSE.
Example Syllabus – Asbestos Awareness Course (bespoke)
- Sources, types and uses of asbestos
- Likely locations of asbestos
- Asbestos-related diseases
- Antagonistic role of smoking
Legislation and guidance
- Criminal law and civil law
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Defective Premises Act 1972 as amended
Management of asbestos in buildings
- Compliance with Regulation 4 of the CAR
- Interpretation of asbestos survey data
- Asbestos registers
- Compilation and review of management plans
- Communication and labelling
What to do if something goes wrong
- Emergency procedures
- Liaison with the regulatory authorities
- Counselling of exposed personnel
- Minimising legal and financial liabilities
Dealing with enquiries and concerns